Friday, May 27, 2011

New Fabric/New Find Friday #68

I have been reading all over the blogosphere about elastic thread and all of the great things that you can do with it. I have been wanting to try it out so while at my local sewing store a few weeks ago I picked up a spool to try out. I got the Gutermann brand and it looks just like this image below.
I have yet to try it out, still working on a backlog of other projects but I look forward to winding it on my bobbin soon!

You just put this on your bobbin and use regular thread on the top and it will help create a gather while you stitch. I have seen it used to create smocking, which I think is super cute on babies and my mom is currently working on something for baby bee. I have also seen it used to create gathers on shirts that are too large. I think this is what I would use it for most, to take shirts that are too long on me and make them more flattering, in length and to help hide that baby belly that just seems to want to stick around.

I love finding new ways to make things especially when they feel like shortcuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez