Monday, July 4, 2011

Christmas in July

Continuing the theme of Christmas in July from the Friday post, here are some Christmas items that I embroidered for a friend this past month. She and her husband have a tradition of buying a stuffed Christmas animal with the year on it to remember when it was given. There were two years that they could not find an animal with the year on it so they got these two guys. She asked me to embroider the year on them so they would not forget.
Well the moose was up first and I had to take his ear apart to get it into the machine. I didn't like this font in numbers as well after it was finished so I went ahead and changed the font on the reindeer's scarf. I like that font much more and of course the scarf was much easier to do than the moose ear.
She also asked me to embroider their names on their stockings. She loves purple and decorates her Christmas tree with purple and silver (or at least she did when we were college roommates). We of course did their names in purple and I think they turned out pretty good.
It is sort of hard to see the names from some angles because of the fluff but actually in this picture it isn't too bad. I hope that she likes how they turned out, they were more challenging than I thought they would be. Maybe because I am still new with my machine.

Hope you are enjoying some fireworks and a day off! I hope to get some things done around the house on my day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez