Ok I think I need a life intervention or a life coach or a nanny, chef, and maid. I might have talked about these last three things before but today I want to talk about 7 of the millions of reasons why I am not great at blogging....
1. Introvert vs extrovert. I have been hearing a lot the past few months about how a lot of bloggers consider themselves introverts and that is why they like to blog. My extroverted friends all talk about wanting to have a blog but that they would much rather go out and hang out with people. So I wonder where I really fit into these categories. I am an introverted extrovert? or maybe an extroverted introvert? I love talking to people on the phone and hanging out with people but since having kids all I want to do is stay home. The thought of a play date is exciting (getting to hang out with adults) and terrifying (all the prep and dealing with the children's aftermath) at the same time.
2. Time. I feel like there is never time to blog. I can only really efficiently do it on my laptop and the prime time to blog is when the kids are asleep...and the hubby is on the computer. drat. I can use my phone but I HATE typing on that thing. The way the auto correct is on there I feel like it takes ten times longer. Maybe it is because I am not used to it, or maybe I need to change my settings. I wish I could crank out posts during naptime but squirrel is still inconstant at the length of nap. I am so pooped after playing, cooking, laundry, picking up, reading, answering a million questions running errands, etc that the thought of doing anything during naptime but surfing the internet and eating cookies makes me want to nap.
2. I have a MILLION projects that I have been working on and are waiting for me to blog about, but really who wants to see yet another breastfeeding cover that looks just like the one from yesterday? I need to split the boring posts up with....more boring posts?! :) I would love to finish all of the projects that I started instead of spending time finding a cool way to show you what I have been up to.
3. I have nothing to talk about.
4. Or maybe I do have something to talk about and I think, oohh I should put that on facebook or blog it...and then I think, who wants to read that?! I think the post will be boring or that maybe I am being too self-centered in thinking anyone wants to read my thoughts.
(Here we about to ride the bus...my first bus ride. Yes my son went on a bus before I did.)
5. Pictures...oh my. How do you ladies have time to take awesome pictures and then put so many in your blog posts?! I am still learning how to use my nice canon camera and sometimes it saves the pictures sideways. I have no idea how to change that so I have to flip them in a photo program and make them the right size so that blogger will let me post them. I might just have to start using more pictures from my cell phone which takes pretty good pictures and I think I can put them into my posts on my phone. Still takes longer to type on that crazy thing.
(Here is a bad example of bad selfies that we take around here. ;) )
7. L A Z Y. I think what it comes down to is that I am lazy. The kids are napping for who knows how long and instead of pounding out some words or sewing some stitches I just sit. In front of the tv, the cell phone, the computer. At night I again do the same and hours fly by. Sometimes I think to start something and just get sucked into youtube videos and then it is past my bedtime and I know I have to go to bed.
So that is why I am not great at blogging. I want to hop on here and keep you updated on what is going on with my sewing etc but I don't want it to consume my every thought and action so I guess you will see me sometimes and other times know that I am zoning after a long day of laundry, diapers, cooking, shopping, cleaning, sewing, and lovin' on my family.
Wow that turned into more of a downer post than I was going for. Yikes. Anyway I hope to be back in action and kick my laziness aside.