Monday, September 9, 2013

Fleur de Lis


For some reason I feel like I have posted these before but maybe that is just because they are sitting out where I can see them in my work area and so I think about them a lot. So here we have two shirts that I made using two different techniques to see which I liked the best.
The first one I used a screen printing glue and applied the glue to the shirt and then shook the glitter over the part of the shirt that had the glue. This worked well but I had to race against the clock before the glue dried and even after heat setting there is still glitter that is left behind by this technique. Fine if you are little kid but not for a mom who hats glitter all over their house. On the plus side, I do like how much shimmer and sparkle this method left.

I realized that I had some silver screen printing ink and that I hadn't tried it out yet. This knight I thought would look great in silver on this black tee-shirt. It turned out to have a bit more sparkle than I thought it would. I was thinking that it would be more grey but silver it is! Perfect. Now to think of other fun things to print in silver. All I can think of right now is dollar signs gangster style. ha.
No really it could be great for a sports fan shirt or even a Halloween shirt with a cool sparkly skeleton head.

Hope you all had a great weekend. It was great here but went way too fast. I have a few fun projects that I am working on this week and one of them is baby gift set for a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez