Friday, May 31, 2013

Quick Takes #14

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 198)


1. Quick while kiddos are sleeping and I feel like typing let's knock these out. I don't know if I told you that my Father in law was taken to the hospital a month or so ago but he is doing much better and is in rehab now so we all hope that he can go home soon. Thank you to all that knew about this and were/are praying. We know that they have helped as things were looking really badly for a while. During this whole time we were talking to my in-laws about heath care directives and realized that we really need to update our health care directive so that if and when we need it is conforms to our wishes and those of the Catholic Church. I want to make sure I am clear now for one day when I might not be able to be clear about what I want.

2. I finally got through two teething boys and now that all of the teeth are in (8 total, 4 for each kid) they are sleeping better, are not as crabby, and I am a happier mommy. Whew I can't imagine how that must feel and I would probably be MORE than cranky if I were getting teeth. Speaking of teeth we are trying out this thing called a myo mumchee on our 2.5 year old to correct his overbite. We are hoping that by using this each day we can correct it before braces are needed...yikes those are expensive. I have a before picture and can't wait to have an after to prove it works. Might be a few years in the making since we don't do it as often as we should.

3. Why do I wait so long to get a haircut? After having a partial mullet and having my husband trim my neckline for a month or so I went in for a trim. While I was there I was talking to the hairdresser about coloring my hair and we went for it! I love it because it is just a natural color that only the white hair should take and even some of them didn't take the dye so it makes the grey a bit more blended and give a bit more life to the color of my hair. The hubby is not as happy with it but that's okay, it grows out. Well I don't know if you can tell the color by this bad cell phone picture, and it has been a few weeks so maybe some of the color is gone but I love it.



4. I have fallen in love with some removable wallpaper. I have always loved wallpaper but when I heard about this I decided I just have to have some. I would love to try it on my kitchen back splash but know that the master of the house will think I am crazy. Maybe I can find some other place to use it...



5. So this is reaching back a few weeks but I had a great Mother's Day. I got to spend it with both sides of the family and we went to my parents house and just sat around and ate. I even got to continue a puzzle that I have been working on for a year. I realized that three years ago I gave my moms (mom and mom in law) cards telling them that we were expecting on Mother's Day. It was such a fun surprise.
 
6. We have a trip planned and I am just dreading the packing for four people. Does anyone have any travel tips for flying with two under the age of 3? I have gotten a few tips and will always welcome more. I am sure it will be fine and the fact that my husband will be there with me on this trip will help but something about crying children on airplanes makes me want to break out in a sweat.

7. Since we are going on vacation and I have a few projects around the house that I would like to finish up soon I am taking a month vacation on my Etsy Store. I will for sure have it on vacation for a few weeks and then might just do in stock items for sale or I might keep it on vacation for a month and then open it back up for only stock items. I am not sure yet but I know that my family, and I, need this little break from having to do things late into the night. I might even be able to create more stock items to have ready to ship! This might also mean that the blog will have less posts this summer or maybe not since I will have a bit more time to spend on blogging?! I don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez