Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A tisket a tasket

A donation basket!
I donated a basket to a local charity that was raising money for families who can not afford adoption. I think it is a great cause and I was happy to do something for them. The person that won the basket was a friend of mine who is pregnant so that was even more special.
I made some new items that I have yet to make which was very exciting for me.

This is my first attempt at a onesie with a cute decal on it. I have wanted to do so many of these but have yet to force myself to do it. I love this humpty dumpty as he is falling off the wall. I am excited to do letters, numbers, and other designs as well.


Two of the sachets I made with straps to hang in your closet. The one I made with out a strap I thought would be nice to put in a drawer or on a shelf. The same can be done with the two that have a strap. These sachets have lavender in them which makes them great items for closets and drawers to leave clothes smelling nice.

This is something else that I have not yet made before but have been meaning to for months. How cute are these baby leggings/leg warmers. They turned out pretty cute after some struggling with them and the sewing machine. These seem to be more for infants and I am hoping that they are not too wide. I am going to be working on some longer ones for toddlers and kids soon. Hope to have a real live model of these soon...anyone want to offer their baby as a model?

Again here is a breastfeeding cover with a matching burp cloth made with fabric #5 at the bottom of this blog. I tried to make this gender neutral since I had no idea who was going to get this.

Here is an image of all of the items together before they went into the basket. This picture isn't that great, need to work with a better place to take pictures.
Here is the cute basket ready to be wrapped up. I didn't have a basket the morning I needed to have it finished so instead I wrapped a box with cute gender neutral paper to get it ready. Note: the blanket in the back of the basket I did not make, that was from another friend that was adding a contribution.
Here it is all ready to go home with someone special! Cant wait to see these things in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez