Monday, February 7, 2011

Ruffled Scarves

This project has been a long time coming. I started working on these scarves a few years ago and I have finally had some time...or made time to finish them. It was just another one of my nesting projects that I finished before the baby was born. It feels so good to get something finished so I can move on to something else and move it out of the house.
These pictures were literally taken the night before I went into the hospital to have my baby...still blows me away how driven I was then to get things finished (one month ago). Anyway this is just one of the three colors of scarves that I made and I made several of each color. This one is grey and then I have khaki and teal colored ones, more to come on those later. The fabric is two toned and I left the edges raw which I think adds to the fun of the ruffles and lets the two colors of thread peak out.
I love the personality they they have, adding drama and fun. They would be great to dress up a solid color top or add some drama to your winter coat. I think they would also look great pinned together with a cute little vintage or new pin, as the image above shows.
I started with these more neutral colored scarves but I have some colored fabric that I need to cut into. They might be a long time coming but hopefully while I am home before I have to go back to work.

1 comment:

V said...

this scarf is fantastic! perfection, i say! :) i would love to see this in some other fabrics... the shimmery fabric, to me, definitely makes it a statement piece.

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez