Monday, January 25, 2010

Fabric Organization

Last weekend was organization weekend. First I started down in the basement with my old toys that are in boxes. I went through the boxes, got rid of stuff that was no good, washed the things I am saving, and put them in Tupperware, all clean and ready for someone to play with one day. I wanted them out of boxes and into Tupperware in case we have any water come into our basement (which does happen on occasion). Sorry no pictures of that yet- still in progress.

Cleaning and organizing really gives me a trill so after I finished that I started working on my sewing room. You should have seen the before, fabric all over the shelves, the floor, bags full of all kinds all over the closet and floor with all sort of different things in them. It was hard to walk around in there and I was starting to get confused about where things were and what they were there for, it was taking longer to make or do anything.

Here is a picture of me getting things divided up, make more of a mess before you clean up is my motto.



Here is a picture of the closet, we redid the closet last year adding the shelves and a few weeks ago I picked up these bins that I put fabric and other supplies in. It makes things so much easier to find, small scraps, large washed pieces etc.



Here is a picture of the two bins that I have out by my ironing board with my templates and projects that are in the works. Now I can see what I need to do and have a great place to put them so they don't get lost in the shuffle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez