Monday, September 13, 2010

Custom Cardinals Onesie

This is the last post about the shower gifts that were given away a few weeks ago to a good friend of mine. She is a HUGE Cardinals fan and even got her husband to start watching the games when she isn't home. :) Since she is not telling the name of her baby boy until he is born I thought it would be cute to do a custom Cardinals onesie.
I printed the logo on a piece of fabric and sewed it to the front of the onesie. I know that the two cardinal logo might be an old one but I love the way it looks, so I used it.
On the back, in true "jersey" form, I put baby G's last name and the number 10. Not only is he to be born in 2010 but he is due in October, 10-?-10. Perfect huh?! The 10 part was my husband's idea, sometimes he comes up with really great ideas when I ask his opinion, I tend to be too close to the project sometimes.
I did some hand applique this time with the letters and numbers and used red flannel to give them some texture. I love the way it turned out and hope that baby G gets to wear it, if not this year for sure next year.

1 comment:

Christina said...

It turned out soooo cute!

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez