Friday, June 24, 2011

New Fabric/New Find Friday #71

I have been sending out a few packages lately (more on what is inside them in a few months) and needed to find some envelopes to send them in. I didn't want to use the ordinary brown ones and I saw on a website about how to make your own out of paper. That is when it hit me- I could use wallpaper to make the envelopes! And so my recycled, cool, simple envelopes were born.
I went down to my stash in the basement and picked out a few that I thought would be large enough to use for what I was sending. I wrapped the item in tissue, sewed up the sides and then put the item in the package. folded over the top and sewed up the top.
I did not use bubble wrap and wanted to see how these arrived at their destination. I heard back from both people saying that they arrived in good condition!! I even got a compliment from the woman at the Post Office! I can't wait to send some more items out in these homemade packages. For larger items I am thinking I might use two different pieces of wallpaper that coordinate -one for the front and one for the back.

I am pretty excited about these...oh the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez