Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and Fall Decorations

Happy Belated Halloween everyone!

I was going to get this posted yesterday but I was busy getting ready for all 10 trick-or-treaters we had. I was really excited about that number because we were up this year 50% over the number we had last year.
Last week I changed some decorations around the house from spring/summer to fall/winter decorations and the pumpkins were part of that.

Last year I put a few little gourds and pumpkins in the window boxes with some hay. I thought I had to go find or buy more hay but I realized I saved it from last year! This year I decided to buy some fake pumpkins and gourds so that I can use them over and over. I like the little white pumpkin with the two orange gourds.
For these two pumpkins for the porch I bought bigger fake pumpkins and put a vinyl be on them and then covered them with glow-in-the-dark glitter. They do not get a chance to glow a lot because the light is always on by the front door. The glitter does give them a little big of shimmer that I like even if I never get to see them glow. I put one green gourd with each pumpkin, I think it needs a bit more, I was thinking a mum would have made the groupings. Maybe next year!
These will probably stay up for a big since they are not going to rot and turn from Halloween decorations to fall decorations. Next year with a little one "running around" we will probably buy a few real pumpkins to carve and light up to show them how it is done.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween and that you have been good with the left over candy. Happy All Saints Day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez