Monday, October 17, 2011

Professional Student

GO MIZZOU! Homecoming was this past weekend and not only did our family enjoy time in Columbia but the Tigers crushed Iowa State! How fitting that right after this Homecoming weekend I have a Mizzou item to show you. I found this Mizzou fabric (and one other) and was so excited to make a burp cloth with it for a friend whom I met at Mizzou and is having her first baby in a month or so. Now she has a burp cloth to use with this new baby while watching football...ok or just to remember the fun times at Mizzou. I haven't actually made a burp cloth in a while so it was actually fun to do that again.
They found out that they were having a boy and did not have a name picked out so I thought it would be cute to make an oneise with a tie on it. I made the tie out of an old tie from my Father-in-law that has been sitting around the house waiting for me to make something. I made the tie short so that this onesie could be worn with pants and you can still see the bottom of the tie.
I really like the way this turned out and am all ready to make more of these onesies with the other old ties that I have. I will be posting a listing on Etsy for these very soon, a lot of the ties that I have, have a very vintage feel to them and I think it is going to be so much fun to make these. I also have a lot of different fabrics ready to go to make more burp cloths, maybe these will be part of my 30 day challenge nights- burp cloths and tie onesies. We will see. 

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Julia! This is adorable and perfect! I have a cousin who's having a boy, but I don't know if they have a name yet. So I'm definitely going to get one of these :)

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez