Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Kitchen Towels

This idea for a set of holiday kitchen hand towels came from a friend of mine after she went to a wedding shower of a mutual friend. I think it is a fabulous idea and perfect for all of the holiday fabric I had been stocking up but had no idea what to do with. I was not sure at first if I wanted to make the towels with the seasonal fabric at the bottom in a strip or ruffle the fabric at the bottom. After thinking about it I thought it would be more fun to cut the fabric out into a shape that goes with the holiday.
This idea was perfect to finally give as a gift to my cousin for her wedding present. Yea, she has been married for four years...opps. Anyway, she loved them and I hope they are put to good use their kitchen. These are made out of honeycomb fabric kitchen towels and then I appliqued the shape to the towel with a straight stitch. 
Here is a close up of the first four towels. There is a birthday towel that you can put out to celebrate everyone in the family's birthday, a Valentine's Day towel, a St. Patrick's Day towel, and an Easter towel. I wanted to do a New Years towel but I need to find different fabric the one I found has a white background and I don't know if it will show up well on a white towel.


The second set of towels features The Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I have a few different fabrics to try out on every holiday so you might see more sets of these in the future with different fabrics. I also thought about doing a phrase out of the fabric for each Holiday, I hope to do a set of these next year.

These are on sale in my Etsy store if you would like to order a set for your family. They are made to order and I would love to make some for you! I think I am also going to try a softer towel that might be more bath appropriate for all of those holiday parties. You could have one in your kitchen and one in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez