Monday, December 20, 2010

Apron For a New Bride and Groom

We went to a wedding of two friends over Thanksgiving weekend and had a great time. It was a beautiful wedding and we were glad to see another friend of ours find the right person to spend life with. As part of their wedding present and a belated shower gift I decided to make an apron for the new bride.
I went with this brown and blue floral print fabric as the main and then trimmed it with blue and brown polka dot fabric. I love the way the two fabrics look together, a great complement. 
From their registry it looks like they are going to have some blue items in their home so I hope that this goes well with their kitchen and home.

For the other part of their gift I personalized an apron for him! I saw that they were registered for two aprons, what is better than getting one homemade apron and one personalized apron.
I found this apron at a local store and thought it was manly but at the same time could be something that a woman could wear if she needed a full length apron. I decided that since it was so plain it needed a little personalization. I embroidered "Chef Valenza" on it to give it a little something. It is not as bold as I would have liked it to be but I sort of liked how subtle it is.
I hope the bride and groom love these aprons and that they have many chances to wear them over the years. Good luck and Congratulations to the newlyweds.

1 comment:

V said...

Such a thoughtful gift... glad to see the groom got an apron too! We enjoy cooking together all the time!

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez