Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!


I am usually a big Earth Day celebrant but as I grow older I realize the importance of taking care of our family, ourselves, and where we live. There are a few ways I try to do that and one of the simple ways is by doing the three R's, reduce, reuse and recycle. :) That phrase takes me back to jr high and recycling is the one thing is so easy to do that when I wasn't doing it I felt really badly about it. I mean they sort it for me all I have to do is throw it in a bin!

This onesie you have seen before here but I wanted to bring it to your attention again since it is earth day and this is the only thing that I have that I feel like fits into this wonderful day some really like to celebrate. I was inspired to make this by a friend of mine and her love for recycling. We would talk about it when on vacation in foreign countries and her kiddos know all about how to recycle at a young age. Love the play on words about being green and recycling and the fact that this is printed on a green onesie. Shameless plug...you can pick one up for yourself here.

We also cloth diaper, try to upcycle and thrift a lot of items we are needing, and I also TRY to eat local, organic, whole foods and don't put chemicals into my body. Try being the key word as sometimes it just doesn't happen. I hope that we can start a garden one day and start composting soon. I hate how much garbage we throw away each day! Have to take care of this beautiful world that God gave us and love it as a reflection of His love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez