Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Retro Onesies

These onesies were for a good friend of mine who's little boy is three months older than baby bee. We had so many events to attend for them that I did not get presents for, so these are sort of  make up gifts to show her how much we really care.
She was a huge Monkees fan growing up but I remember most in high school listening to them with her. I thought she would appreciate a onesie with the band on the front. I found an image on-line (now I don't remember where) and went about making it into a screen printed image. I think the original might have been an album cover? Not sure. Doesn't it look so cool and retro?
Her husband is a huge Star Wars fan and I though that this might be something he would appreciate. The image I found on-line (again I didn't save where I found it) was made out of a lot of lines but those did not end up showing up well when I transferred it to my screen so I ended up just making them silhouettes. The words "Star Wars" was not part of the original picture but was taken from another image and put together to make this image. I like how they turned out.
I actually printed two other onesies but those did not turn out 100% the way I wanted them to so you might see them on my etsy site at a reduced price. I would also be happy to make new ones if you would like to order one and I will be sure that they look great. This makes me want to come up with more "vintage" images that I can screen onto onesies and tee-shirts. So much fun!
Here is the little cutie wearing one of them. Look how cool he looks!! Very retro.

I don't know if you noticed but I have a new button on my blog for the "most valuable blog" nomination. You can vote for me here or click on that button once a day until September 9th. I really doubt I will win but would love a $50 gift card to Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez