Monday, February 25, 2013

Bee-utiful First Birthday Shirt

At first glance this might not look like a first birthday shirt but I think that is great because this little girl can wear the shirt for as long as she can fit into it instead of just on her Birthday. This shirt was made for her Birthday party and the image and design was taken from her party invitation and decorations.
Her mom is a graphic designer and she created this graphic for the party and wanted to carry it through to a shirt for the party. We played with different ideas before going with this. I didn't want to embroider the name because I knew I couldn't get the font right and I loved how it looked on the image. We also decided not to have a number one on the shirt and I don't think it is needed. The image is printed on fabric and then applied to the shirt. The name was screen printed over the appliqued bee and hive with gold ink. The ink has some shimmer to it and I love the way it shines in the light, like honey!

I am pretty sure that this is about six months after the fact but I still love custom shirts like this. I love to create them and I love to help others flesh out an idea they have in their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez