Friday, February 22, 2013

Quick Takes #8

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 198)


I have five min before everyone gets up from their naps and I missed last week....GO!

1. We went to the open house at the local Catholic grade school a few weeks ago to see what it was like. Yes we have a few years before Bee is ready for school but it is never too soon to start looking right?! Well because all of our schooling options are open, public, catholic, home, and co-op I just wanted to look into each one and come up with some pluses and minus before giving it over to God and letting him take over.

2. Poor Bee now has a bit of staph, first a diaper rash turned into staph and now on his mouth. Sad. This isn't too shocking since a few of my husband's family members have had this problem and now we are going to try going to a different doctor to see if there are any issues with food allergies/gut healing that can help him out. Just when I was getting good with cooking now I might have to learn a whole new way of cooking.

3.  Just an update that the sleeping with Squirrel is going so much better!!! I am so glad my friend convinced me to start sleep training him because we now get to sleep almost all night long! There might be one to two times at night when he wakes up but other than that we get to sleep at night.

4. We are traveling in a few months on an airplane, just me and the two kids. Anyone have tips for traveling on an airplane with two little ones and sharing one room? Just worried about getting the two kiddos to sleep in the same room and waking each other up. We will see...I will have an update about this sometime in July. ;)

5. I am working on taxes now, it isn't really that big of a deal but I always dread doing it every year. I finished my "business" taxes and now need to start working on our personal stuff. I hope to get it finished in the new few weeks so we can hand it off. While doing so I am watching some shows on hulu, The Office, Parks and Rec, Downton Abbey to name a few. So many shocking and fun things going on each of those shows.

6. On Valentine's Day I decided to paint my nails, finger and toes, and thought I would do something fun that I have seen all over the internet and paint some hearts too. I decided to just paint them on my thumb nails because I didn't know if I would like them. I think I would like to try it again another time but with different colors. It would be so pretty with a soft pink and white? Maybe I will try other shapes too, that would be fun. Or is it too juvenile?
 7. Last but not least...here are the cards my husband and I gave each other for Valentine's day. I am only sharing this because we are not animal people...at all, and look at these cards?! They both have animals on them. We both said to each other that we didn't really want to get the card with animals on it but this card sounded the best compared to all of the other ones. Seeing them side by side it looks like these were a set made by Hallmark. Looks like we are two peas in a pod...or a cat and a dog? or two dogs? :)

Well that took longer than 5 min but everyone stayed asleep!? WHAT?! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 

Designer Jules: Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez